Sunday, September 19, 2010

Say hello to my little friends....

Another busy week under my belt. I had some fun orders and projects that kept me busy....well really, they're still keeping me busy....I'm just taking a quick break to reflect before I soldier on ;)

I had a couple of orders for some Character Cake Pops this week. To be specific, Hello Kitty and Elmo were on the roster. I just love making these little guys! They really come to life and take on their own personalities. There was this one little Elmo pop that I swore was looking up at me and smiling when I was taking his picture....so naturally I had to move him to the front of the pack!


You see what I mean? It's like he's gazing up at me in complete adoration....no wonder I liked him so much!

Miss Hello Kitty is always fun to work on. I remember appreciating her cuteness when I was a little girl...what is it about her that is so adorable?

Next week will be the Cupcake of the Month Club deliveries, so I spent some time this week working on this month's flavor. The end result: Spiced Apple Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting. Sorry...no picture quite yet, but let me assure you....they are outta control delicious and are the perfect way to welcome Fall.

I recently happened upon a fun new website: www.pizzazzerie.com and have spent a fair amount of time this week working on my entries for a contest they're holding. The Cupcake Skewer Contest challenged their fans to create their own skewers and submit photos for judging. Oh and I should probably mention that Bakerella is a guest judge!!! I was so inspired by the Pizzazzerie website and Cupcake Skewer concept that I had to get at least a couple entries in ;) Anything on a stick is automatically cuter in my book!

Here are the ideas I submitted....wish me luck!

These are my Black Magic Cupcakes: Devil's Food Cupcakes topped with Blackberry Buttercream Frosting.

Caramel Apple Cupcakes, topped with crushed pecans....yes...they're as good as they look...actually they might be even better than they look ;)

CCMC Members...you're in luck because you'll get to sample both of these flavor combinations as part of your membership!

Well, once again....the cupcakes in the kitchen need my attention....they don't frost themselves you know!

Happy Baking!
~Audrey



2 comments:

  1. these are so precious! Love the Elmo ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those halloween cupcakes...nice job! are those full size or mini's, and how does the cupcake stay on the stick without poking all the way through?

    ReplyDelete